Mercury Network 3.0 – June 14, 2017 Update
This update contains enhancements throughout Mercury Network.
- Vendors: Provide your W-9 information
A lot of clients need their vendors’ W-9 in order to process payments, so now vendors have an easy way to enter their taxpayer information safely into Mercury. As a vendor, our new interface looks just like the W-9 form, and when you’ve entered your information, we’ll create a PDF which your clients will soon be able to view and download. Having this data easily available should help avoid payment delays caused by missing information.
- Configure automatic due dates by county, state or zipcode
We know some areas require a longer order window than others. Now you can set up different automatic due dates based on the appraisal property’s state, county or zipcode. If you would like to take advantage of this feature, please contact your account manager for more information.
Mercury Network - Order management
- We’ve fixed a few issues related to our new OptiVal AVM cascade and RealCondition Report products:
- If you’re ordering OptiVal AVM cascade or RealCondition Report, and using Action required filters, you may have noticed some orders requiring an action that do not apply. We’ve updated our logic so you’ll no longer see those orders in Action required for the following reasons: No inspection scheduled in X hours, No status update within the last X hours, Report received and order not marked as paid in over X days.
- We now include the OptiVal AVM cascade invoice with the RealCondition Report invoice on the uploaded document when you order both products.
- We now properly display the line breaks in messages from the RealCondition Report vendor.
- When using staff vendors and assigning an order, we will now place staff above equally eligible non-staff when displaying potential vendors based on your ISS settings.
- We are continuing to apply stronger security around the information users enter into Mercury Network orders.
- When you manually reassign vendors using the Automatic Vendor Selection feature and you have Auto Assignment Approval enabled in Permissions, you might have noticed that when the profile icon is clicked, the profile wasn’t showing. This is fixed, so now you can easily view the profile of the automatically-selected vendor before you assign the order.
- When creating a new order, sometimes the system wasn’t matching a previous order with the same address, usually because the previous order was new construction, so the address didn't officially exist yet. We've fixed this, so related orders will reliably be found based on their matching address.