Mercury Network 3.0 - January 30, 2019 Update
This update contains enhancements within Mercury Network. See the blog post here.
Mercury Network - New Product
- To reduce confusion and streamline orders for exterior-only reviews of a multi-family home, we added a new form which accommodates these types of requests without the need for any special instructions.
Mercury Network - Account Settings
- To help you promote your brand identity, we've improved the process used to upload your logo so it will be visible on the pages your customers and clients see. These pages include:
- Make a payment page
- New Make a payment email
- SureReceipts welcome page
- SureReceipts Certificate
- VMP Client login page
Mercury Network - Xcelerator
- To accommodate your accounting workflow, you can now pass along the fee for Xcelerator-enabled orders just as you would with any other Client Technology Fee. To enable this, please contact your account manager.
Mercury Network - Make a Payment page
- Our new Make a Payment page now accounts for amounts already paid by the borrower, so if the appraisal fee increases, they can pay the difference, rather than the entire appraisal fee.
- We resolved an issue that allowed a borrower to run multiple charges for the same order from the Make a payment page.
- We fixed a case which caused funds to be incorrectly routed to the assigned AMC when the funds were expected to be deposited to the lender.
Mercury Network - Security
- Because security of your data within the platform is a top priority, we've continued to eliminate possible vulnerabilities throughout the platform.
- Some of these improvements are quite technical, such as implementation of industry-standard best practices using object-relational mapping (ORM).
- Some of them are quite a bit simpler, such as the requirement of strong passwords. Remember, if you haven't updated your password since October 2018 (when we began requiring strong passwords) your password will be reset on February 5, 2019. Click here and we'll walk you through changing your password - it only takes a few seconds. If you've created a new account or changed your password since October 2018, your password complies and will not be reset.